Election of Parent Governors – Email and Ballot Papers Sent Today
Election of Parent Governors
The role of a school governor is extremely important and many essential decisions about this school are taken by our Governing Board. School Governors work together with the school leadership team to continually improve the education for every child at our school. Our school governors have 3 core functions. They:
- Ensure the clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction of our school;
- Hold the head teacher to account for the educational performance of our school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff; and
- Oversee the financial performance of our school and make sure its money is well spent.
The Governing Body have identified that they are short of the following skills and experiences: Communication, Public Relations and Media. They would be delighted if parents who have these skills and experiences are elected. However all eligible parents, regardless of skills and experiences, are able to be elected.
I have received nominations from three parents who are willing to become school governors. I hope you will vote in the election to select two new parent governors. The new governors will serve for two years.
I attach personal statements from the candidates. Please read the personal statements carefully and bearing in mind the role of the school governor and the needs of the Governing Board, please vote for up to two governors by writing an ‘X’ next to their name. You have two votes in total even if you have more than one child at the school. Ballot papers will be sent home with children today.
Please return your ballot form to the school by 10.00am on 13th July. You can either:
- Bring it to the school and post it in the ballot box in the school office; or
- Post it to the school; or
- Arrange for your child to bring it to school and post it in the ballot box.
Votes will be counted on 13th July 2017 and the result will be announced as soon as possible.I hope you will decide to vote as the governing board is very important in the decision making of the school.
Acting Head of School