Please find below the arrangements for the next three weeks in the run up to Christmas.
Each class will be holding a party on Thursday 19th December. The Nursery party will be in the morning and the other classes will hold their parties in the afternoon.
Children in Nursery, Reception, Years 1 & 2 should each bring in their own small selection of party food e.g. a cake, biscuit, and piece of fruit etc… and also a named carton of juice. Please make sure your child’s contribution is named. Please send the food in a named plastic container, or if you do not have one then on a paper plate covered in cling film/foil. a
Children in Years 3 to 6 are asked to bring a small donation of food or drink to be shared with the class during the party.
Please do not send in food which needs to be refrigerated or which contains nuts.
Children will still have their school lunch on this day, with the party food being an extra.
Children will wear school uniform as normal on this day. Teachers may individually send out requests for Party Music or Games in addition to this.
- Christmas Lunch is on Wednesday 11th December. Places must have been pre-booked, so if you have not booked and paid for a hot dinner in advance then you must send your child to school with a packed lunch.
- Christmas Post boxes are open between Monday 9th December and Friday 13th December. Please ensure your child writes the name and class (and preferably surname) on each envelope. Unfortunately, we are not able to send out class lists due to GDPR.
- On Friday 20th December we will be having a ‘Woodcote Christmas Jumper Day’, where pupils and staff are able to wear Christmas jumpers/mufti. We like to collect money for ‘Tadworth Children’s Trust’ who provide care, treatment, rehabilitation and education to children with disabilities and complex medical needs. If you would like to make a donation, please send this in with your child on the day.
- Children can bring in games/toys on the last day of term but at their own risk. Teachers will send further information about which games/toys will be allowed.
- Please remember school closes at 2.30pm on Friday 20th December (this includes Woodies, the Nursery). There is no After School Club on the last day of term.
Mrs Caroline Cox
Acting Deputy Head of School