Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
We are contacting you following the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in the UK and abroad.
We would like to take this opportunity to reassure you that the health and wellbeing of all children, their families and staff is of paramount importance to us; and to outline the preventative measures the school has put in place in order to minimise the spread of infection.
We are following the Government guidelines with regards to COVID-19. Unless your child has tested positive for the coronavirus (or has been exposed to anyone who has tested positive with the virus and is showing symptoms), they should attend school as usual (unless they are too unwell due to an unrelated illness).
We have taken the following actions for infection control:
- Putting up coronavirus infection control measures information posters around the school
- Encouraging good hygiene by promoting the importance of handwashing for at least 20 seconds with warm water and soap in the following circumstances:
- On arrival at school
- After using the toilet
- After breaks and sporting activities
- After sharing resources or using IT equipment
- Before eating any food, including snacks
- We are using hand sanitisers at lunchtime before the children eat.
- Ensuring pupils and staff understand that they must cover their cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue away
- Ensuring frequently touched objects and surfaces are cleaned and disinfected more regularly than usual
- Not to shake hands with pupils or visitors so please do not take offence if you visit the school and an offer of a handshake is not received.
- We have also cancelled assemblies and information will be sent out about other events/activities that will be cancelled or postponed as a precaution, for example the PTFA Disco.
As there is a possibility of school closures we have put together a range of learning for children to complete should they be required to be at home. The plan would be that we upload these packs onto the school website for you to share with your child, and/or learning will be communicated via Class Dojo. With this in mind, we are aware that not all of you may be able to access the website, so kindly ask that if you would require a paper copy of materials, email firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm today or in writing to the school office by 9am tomorrow so we are able to prepare the materials for you.
Please note, this is a precautionary measure, we have not had any information about school closure. The school remains open and we will continue to update you.
If you think you or your child might have coronavirus, have been to a country or area with a high risk of coronavirus in the last 14 days, or you’ve been in close contact with someone with coronavirus, visit https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19 or ring NHS 111 and share the advice you have received with your school.
As an important part of our school community, we would ask that you encourage good hygiene practices at home and keep your child informed about the things they can do to minimise the spread of infection.
We will keep you fully informed if the situation changes or the Government issues new advice and guidance.
Mrs Claire Baldock
Head of School