(Paper copies of this letter will be sent out today)
The Croydon Road Safety Team have offered our Year 4 pupils the opportunity to participate in pedestrian skills training, provided by the company For2feet.
For2feet are an established Road Safety training company working in over 15 London Boroughs.
The training will take place on Monday 30 March 2020.
- – Children will be taken in groups of 15 at a time with 2 experienced trainers
- – Each group will get 45 minutes of training (4-6 groups trained throughout the school day)
- – Trainers and children will wear For2feet high visibility vests
- – Training will be a practical road crossing session as well as identifying hazards and dangers on the pavement areas close to your school
- – A member of school staff will also accompany the group during the training
The training reminds the children of Stop, Look, Listen and includes:
- Finding a safe place to cross the road
- The correct use of pedestrian crossings such as zebra/pelican/island that are close to the school
- How to cross at junctions and near parked cars
- The dangers of cars reversing from driveways
- The importance of wearing bright clothing
- The dangers of distractions such as wearing headphones or using mobile phones.
Please complete the permission slip below if you would like your child to participate in this training.
Mrs Caroline Cox
Acting Deputy Head of School