Thank you for your overwhelming support over the last couple of weeks, it is very much appreciated. We have received many donations (including the elusive toilet paper!) to distribute to those who need it. We are absolutely committed to keeping the school running as normal, but as number of pupils and staff needing to self-isolate is increasing, I wanted to keep you updated:
- If anyone in your household has symptoms of high temperature or cough then the whole household needs to self-isolate for 14 days as per the government instruction. If you are self-isolating or you choose to keep your child off as a precaution this will be recorded as an authorised absence.
- If you are self-isolating, you only need to contact the school on the first day and we will record for the 14 days. Please do not contact the school again, until the end of the 14 days, as we will record this for the absence period.
- If you are choosing to keep your child off as a precaution then please contact the school daily to keep us updated.
- Please can we ask that you only contact the school via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and not phone, apart from in an emergency, as we are short of staff. Thank you for your help in advance.
- Due to the self-isolation ruling, we have a reducing number of staff. We currently have enough staff to remain open but are likely to start merging classes from today.
- We have produced and distributed paper packs of work for the families that requested this last week as per the deadline. We are not able to produce any more packs in paper form due to the workload that has already been managed by staff. All work can be found on our school website https://www.woodcoteprimary.croydon.sch.uk/home-learning-during-closure/ . Please also note this work should be checked by families as teachers will not be able to mark the work.
- We are trying to separate the children as far as we can within classrooms as per the social distancing.
- We have again attached some resources you might find helpful.
Thank you for your continued support.
Mrs Claire Baldock
Head of School