Weekly Memo 6th December 2019
Did you know?
- Thank you to the PTFA, the volunteers and everyone who attended for the Christmas Fair! What an amazing day it was.
- The Nursery will be closed on Thursday 12th December for polling.
- Don’t forget there will be no After School Club on the last day of term. School closes at 2.30pm for all pupils on Friday 20th December (including Nursery)
This week’s winning Dojo Classes are;
Winning KS1 Class –1S Winning KS2 Class – 4D
Votes for schools
This week we discussed the following question in our Votes for Schools Assemblies.
This week’s question was…”Are disabilities still misunderstood
This week’s presentation can be found on our school website.
Next Week’s question is… “Is helping the homeless everyone’s responsibility?” (KS1) and “Could anyone become homeless?”(KS2)
Attached is the parent information letter for this week.
November Attendance Winners
Attendance: 3D with 98.7%
KS1 punctuality: Blue class with just 2 late marks for the whole month
KS2 punctuality: 4S and 6B both with 4 late marks
Can we ask all parents not to approach children if there is an issue. Please find a member of staff who will deal with the matter appropriately.
CHRISTMAS FAIR UPDATE
Wow, wow, wow, what a day, we raised over £6000 profit!
A huge thank you to all the fantastic helpers for this event, we really couldn’t have run it without you.
Thank you also for the amazing donations, we appreciate it’s relentless (and we lay on the guilt trip) but those bottle, toys, cakes, sweets and this year, softs toys, made us nearly £3000!
Finally, without customers the fair would not be the magical place that it is, so rest assured, all the money raised from your game playing, cake eating, burger munching, grotto visiting, raffle ticket buying and shopping will make its way to school funding projects.
CHRISTMAS SHOPPING DAY (see attached poster) DONATIONS NEEDED TODAY!
Every year we arrange a shopping day for children to give £1 and select a gift for that special someone. Each child will have their gift wrapped and labelled ready to take home. It’s a really special event!
However we need to amass nearly 800 presents suitable for all ages and sexes! Quite a feat.
To do this we will be asking for:
- Shopping Day donations TODAY, Friday 6thDecember – PLEASE FIND OUR LOVELY HELPERS IN THE PLAYGROUND OR GO TO THE YEAR 5 (was Grotto) CLASSROOM
- £1 donations for each child. We will be taking donations w/c 2ndDecember and on Monday 9th December, and online payments are also available for extra convenience at pta-events.co.uk/woodcoteptfa
- Lots of helpers! We need gift sorters on Friday 6thbut mainly Wrappers for Monday 9th December (mostly am, we will run two shopping rooms). If you can help please contact us on email@example.com
We are in need of helpers to serve Hot Drinks and Cakes before some of the performances next week, in particular for year 3 on Tuesday 10th and Thursday 12th at 6pm (5.45pm for prep). You get to save a prime seat as you’ll be there early!
If we cannot find help we will not be able to provide refreshments at these events ☹
If you can help please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Football Team News
On Monday, 2nd December, our school football team played an away match against Keston Primary School. Although we played well in very cold conditions, unfortunately, we were not quite able to beat the other team, losing 2-0. Great effort everyone and we look forward to our next match on Monday.
Last Club Sessions for Autumn 2019 Term
Please see the attached Club list information to confirm last sessions for each Club this term. Details of all the Clubs available for the Spring Term 2020 will be on the School Website next week.
We are really pleased to announce that starting next term we have a Reading Dog starting who will be working with a small group of children. Please see the attached photos of Roxy and her owner Mrs Mayo.