Dear Parent/Carer of Year 6
Well this will definitely be a year to remember for our Year 6! Due to the National situation we have not been able to have all of Year 6 together to engage in the events that are usual for our Year 6; SATs, Leavers Performance, Leavers Assembly, Leavers Disco….
Therefore, we have had our thinking caps on and have been working on some plans to provide some adapted opportunities;
- The PTFA have continued their marvellous work in collating and preparing the Leavers Books. We hope to deliver these to homes around the end of the school term.
- When we are able to, (hopefully in the Autumn Term) we will invite the children back for their Leavers Disco! We hope this will be a chance for them to say goodbye and to catch up with friends and staff.
- We hope that in the Autumn Term, we can arrange an opportunity for the children to bring their school shirt and their Leavers’ Books to school for a signing event where they can get their friends to sign them.
- On Wednesday 15th July at 6.30pm, we will be holding our Virtual Leavers’ Assembly. This will be a Zoom webinar, and we hope that many of our Year 6, Families and Staff will join us to share this assembly. We will send out the joining details nearer the time.
- Following the Leavers Assembly on the Wednesday, we will plan for extended Class Zoom sessions to say goodbye and to have a final catch up before the end of term.
We look forward to sharing these events with your children to celebrate their time at Woodcote Primary, to form memories and to give them a chance to say their goodbyes.
We would like to thank you and your child for all your support during your child’s time at the school. We wish them all the best in the next stage of their journey and know they will be amazing!
Mrs Claire Baldock
Head of School